“Can I get you a drink?”
With parties and holiday festivities underway, there’s one surefire way to get yours off to a fabulous start: offer your guests a delicious Wanderback winter manhattan whiskey cocktail!
We’ve been traveling a lot lately and one of the most asked questions we’ve had, by whiskey connoisseurs (you know who you are) and novices alike, is how to serve American single malt whiskey this holiday, especially to someone who doesn’t consider themselves a “whiskey drinker”.
What! Not a whiskey drinker? Hearing those words, the gauntlet drops and Wanderback’s Batch No. 3 whiskey picks up the challenge. Like in this recent “conversion” story….
When Wanderback’s Sasha was pouring at an event in Redmond, Washington a couple of weeks ago, she had the absolute pleasure of meeting Darcy, an engaging powerhouse, female executive. After a few minutes of chatting, Darcy confesses (somewhat sheepishly) to Sasha that she “doesn’t like whiskey”.
Sasha (never one to miss an opportunity), poured her a sip of Wanderback’s Batch No. 3 whiskey. Darcy (never one to miss a challenge) tried it. Her eyes widened with surprise; this was not whiskey as she had remembered! It was smooth, soft, and wonderfully rich.
Darcy (now a Wanderback fan) was sold and decided on the spot to serve said whiskey at her upcoming holiday party! Sasha wasted no time in giving her the ingredient list and recipe for the Wanderback Holiday Manhattan Whiskey Cocktail, with a promise that her guests would be thrilled and she’d feel like the most amazing host. Win, win.
The Wanderback Winter Manhattan Whiskey Cocktail
- Wanderback Batch No.3 American single malt whiskey
- Lairds Applejack Brandy
- Cocchi Vermouth de Torino
- Fee Brothers Black Walnut Bitters
- Ice for stirring
- Cocktail Mixing Cup
- Bar Spoon
- Standard Peeler
- Add all ingredients into mixing cup and top with ice about 3/4 full
- 1.5 oz Wanderback Batch No. 3
- 1 oz Applejack Brandy
- 0.5 oz cocchi Vermouth de Torino
- 4-5 dashes black walnut bitters
- Stir 20-30 seconds to dilute
- If the ice is thin you will need less time to stir as it will dilute faster. Opposite the bigger the cubes get.
- Strain your cocktail into the glass
- Zest the peel over the cocktail with the pith facing away from the cocktail
- Twist the peel and add to glass
- Enjoy you Wanderback Holiday Manhattan Whiskey Cocktail
Wanderback Holiday Manhattan Whiskey Cocktail Tasting Notes:
Perfect for the cooler season, rich yet surprisingly light, and incredibly delicious, this cocktail – showcasing Batch No.3 Whiskey and seasonal notes of walnut and apple – is perfect for any party this winter.
Looking for more ways to enjoy Wanderback limited-edition American single malt whiskey? Check out our whiskey pairings for your holiday meal.