We had the pleasure of celebrating International Women’s Day with the Women Who Whiskey Seattle Chapter at Palace Kitchen this year. It was so great getting to meet so many incredible women and discussing our favorite topic – whiskey!
Palace Kitchen made a made a specialty PB&J Manhattan with our Batch No. 1 that complements both the wood fired atmosphere of the restaurant as well as a hint of campfire smokiness of the whiskey. Want to try it out for yourself? Check out the recipe below!
The Wanderback PB&J Manhattan Whiskey Cocktail
Palace Kitchen used 1 jar of creamy peanut butter (one that had the oil separation for a true nutty flavor) to 3 bottles of Wanderback Batch No. 1. Let the American single malt and peanut butter macerate for almost a week, but you can do this to taste.
- 2 oz Peanut Butter washed Wanderback Batch No. 1 American Single Malt Whiskey
- ¼ oz Giffard Cassis (you can use any flavored liqueur, we prefer Giffard)
- ¾ oz Cinzano Sweet Vermouth (You could also try it with Carpano Antica for a smoother finish and Punt e Mes for a darker bitter flavor)
- Ice for stirring
- Cocktail Mixing Cup
- Bar Spoon
- Standard Peeler
- Add all ingredients into mixing cup and top with ice about 3/4 full
- 2 oz Peanut Butter washed Wanderback Batch No. 1
- ¼ oz Giffard Cassis
- ¾ oz Cinzano Sweet Vermouth
- Stir 20-30 seconds to dilute
- If the ice is thin you will need less time to stir as it will dilute faster. Opposite the bigger the cubes get.
- Strain your cocktail into the glass
- Zest the peel over the cocktail with the pith facing away from the cocktail
- Twist the peel and add to glass
- Enjoy you Wanderback PB&J Manhattan Whiskey Cocktail
Wanderback PB&J Manhattan Whiskey Cocktail Tasting Notes:
Perfect for sitting by the fire having a good chat with friends, this smokey and incredibly delicious cocktail perfectly showcases Batch No.1 American single malt whiskey and notes of hazelnut and toffee.