BATCH NO. 3 TASTING NOTES
Nose– Notes of warm caramel with sea salt, cocoa, and balanced malt start you off. A second smell lends components of dried dark fruits and vanilla bean. The last smell is a balance of honeyed graham cracker mingled with American oak.
Palate– The spicy combination of malts strikes the palate first leading into a warm round nuttiness of pecan in the middle of the palate. A second sip reveals vanilla and sandalwood blending with the same dried dark fruit notes found on the nose before gently hinting at bits of cocoa. The finish is long and balanced leaving your palate perfectly warmed of baking spice and savory caramel.
More Reading on How We Make Our Whiskey…
Want to dig a little deeper into how we made our Evergreen collection of limited edition American single malt whiskeys (Batch No. 1,2, 3+ 4)? Check out these articles on each phase of our unique approach:
- Cooking Up Our Bespoke Malted Barley Mash Bill
- Our Partnership with Westland Distillery (coming soon!)
- Whiskey Aging: Barrel Selection
- Aging climate and environment
- Our Finishing Barrel Choice: Port Wine Casks
- Slow dilution
- Bottling at the Farm (coming soon!)
- Tasting Notes and Batch No. 3 Reviews
- Purchase a bottle in Oregon and Washington
- Buy online