Batch No. 2 is our 4-year old American single malt whiskey finished in ex-rum casks from Nicaragua. The flavor from ex-rum barrels complements the whiskey’s taste profile, bringing vanilla, banana, tropical fruit to the whiskey’s spice and malt flavors.
Journey Made from Wanderback’s bespoke PNW specialty mash bill and aged initially in new American oak. This time around we decided to finish the whiskey in a combination of ex-rum casks, from a beautiful, old Nicaraguan distillery, and ex-bourbon casks from Heaven Hill Distillery in Kentucky. The ex-bourbon cask was intended to mellow the smoke coming from the chocolate malt.
Tasting Notes Rich and decadent. Notes of fruitcake, gingerbread, Mexican chocolate, sugar cone and orange marmalade.
All our whiskeys have a story to tell. Explore our library of information following Batch No. 2’s journey from grain to glass.
- Our Malted Barley Mash Bill
- Our Partnership with Westland Distillery (coming soon!)
- Our Whiskey Aging Barrel Selection
- Aging climate and environment
- Our Finishing Barrel Choice: Ex Rum and Bourbon Casks
- Bottling at the Farm (coming soon!)
- Batch No. 2 Reviews (coming soon!)
FIND A BOTTLE OF BATCH NO.2
Currently available for purchase online throughout the USA and from retailers in Washington and Oregon. Click on your home state to discover your shopping and shipping options: