BATCH NO. 3
PORT FINISHED AMERICAN SINGLE MALT WHISKEY
Batch No. 3 is our 5-year old, port finished American single malt. It is our most refined whiskey to date. It’s a late night, fireside sipper and makes for an elegant whiskey cocktail.
All our whiskeys have a story to tell. Explore our library of information following Batch No. 3’s journey from grain to glass.
- Our Malted Barley Mash Bill
- Our Partnership with Westland Distillery (coming soon!)
- Our Whiskey Aging Barrel Selection
- Aging climate and environment
- Our Finishing Barrel Choice: Port Wine Casks
- Slow dilution
- Bottling at the Farm (coming soon!)
- Tasting Notes and Batch No. 3 Reviews
- Purchase a bottle in Oregon and Washington
- Buy online
BATCH NO.3 TASTING NOTES
Nose Notes of warm caramel with sea salt, cocoa, and balanced malt start you off. A second smell lends components of dried dark fruits and vanilla bean. The last smell is a balance of honeyed graham cracker mingled with American oak.
Palate The spicy combination of malts strikes the palate first leading into a warm round nuttiness of pecan in the middle of the palate. A second sip reveals vanilla and sandalwood blending with the same dried dark fruit notes found on the nose before gently hinting at bits of cocoa. The finish is long and balanced leaving your palate perfectly warmed of baking spice and savory caramel.
BATCH NO. 3 WHISKEY COCKTAIL
We prefer our whiskey neat, but every now and then we concoct a cocktail worth sharing: